Friday, July 29, 2011

Time to Say Goodbye

It is the last night here in Milan and I can't believe it has been a month since I first got here. I have truely become a part of this city and will miss it once I am back in the States. I feel that I have learned so much about myself during this trip and have grown up in many ways. I made every single decision for a month without consulting anyone for advice, and I am still alive and well after it! haha

It still doesn't feel like I will be going home tomorrow to responsibility, the start of the fall semester, and a million things on a to-do list. I feel that time back home has paused while I have been here and it will still be July 1st when I get home (ohh how I wish it were true!)

This experience would not have been what it was without the other people on this trip and our wonderful professsor. Everyone was a blast to hang out with and experience the city, and other cities with. I have so many stories and memories that I will never forget (and maybe some that I can't remember). My roommate Greta has already been busy all day making a Euro playlist on her itunes of all of our favorite songs from Italy so we can still feel like we are here, in a small way.

We are about to head out to our farewell dinner, but I know leaving won't set in until we are on the plane tomorrow for the over 8 hour journey back home. I will really miss Milan but I know that I will be back again someday. I can't say that I have become a true Milanese, but I understand what it means to live in this city and could possibly see myself moving here one day...you know, for my future summer house. HAHA!

Ciao! Baci!

No comments:

Post a Comment