Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 1 (?)

Tired doesn't even begin to explain how my body feels right now. I have been awake for over 24 hours since I left my house yesterday to journey across to my wonderufl destination Milano!

I flew out of Dulles International Airport where my mom and boyfriend saw me off :) I was several hours early but found that the flight lined up early because we were flying to Paris on an AirFrance Airbus that was 2 levels! To my ultimate luck (I wish there was a way to denote sarcasm in writing) I was stuck in the very middle of the plane with a man in the aisle seat who slept the whole flight making it very hard for me to get up and stretch my legs. After a meal not even fit for my dogs, I finally fell asleep for almost the duration of the flight- with a little help from some nyquil.

The landing of flight came as a suprise to me. Literally. I had no idea that were descending, had my eyes closed, and the next thing I felt was a huge bang, not the smoothest landing ever. After getting off the plane we had to stand in a very long line to have our passports checked, then go through yet another round of airport secuirty before finally getting to our next gate. Our connecting flight was shortly after and this time I had a much better seat, window with no one in the seat next to me- pure bliss.



Italian cookies and water

View from my dorm window! The alps are way in the background


Getting a taxi from the airport in Milan to our dorm had us lost in translation. Luckily we had the address printed out and the driver had a GPS. Problem solved! We made it to our dorm on the first try and were quickly checked in to our rooms. We decided to explore the city with what little energy we could produce and took the metro over to the Duomo, which was absolutley breathtaking. But, it's been about 6 hours since we have left the airport and its only 9 oclock here but I am ready for some much needed sleep!
Crowd outside the Duomo

View from the base of the Duomo


No comments:

Post a Comment