Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Aperitivo!



Right now I am supposed to be finishing up my 10 page paper (thanks Dr. Wright!) but I need a serious break from scholarly writing to talk about the fun aspects of being in Milan!
Last night we headed to the southern part of the city to attend Aperitivio, which includes small appetizers and your first beverage included. The food, which you could help yourself to as many times as you wanted, was beyond delicious. There were more types of pastas and cheeses than I knew what to do with! The highlight of Luca e Andrea's aperitivo was the bartender Luca (not to be confused with the restaraunts name!) He had the greatest personality and would show off with little dances randomly.






I have so much fun with everyone on this trip. Everyone is so friendly that it is easy to float around and hang out with different people. Aperitivo was so much fun but now I am paying for it with bug bites all over my feet! i never thought that I could get bite so many times in one night, now I know to spray my legs AND feet more than once with bug spray. I had to pay 8 euros at the Farmacia (I like to call it the Italian CVS) for an anti-itch cream...way overpriced if you ask me but Im starting to realize a lot of things over here are overpriced. Today I had to pay an extra 20 euro cents for a container of ketchup at a restaraunt. Sometimes it feels like highway robbery, especially when you have to pay for water EVERYWHERE. I have just been carrying around water bottles and filling them up when I can. It's hard as an American to accept paying for something we get for free! The one nice thing about eating out is not having to tip the server, so I guess I'm saving money somewhere.

Well I guess I should be getting back to writing my paper now. Tomorrow we are going to a lake about an hour away to swim and get an amazing view of the Alps! Pictures to come!!

Buonanotte!



No comments:

Post a Comment